UPDATED: How we’re responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Tuesday 31 March 2020 | Branch news
The current situation is difficult for everyone. Employee and customer safety is paramount to us, whilst balanced against our requirement to stay open to supply all independent DIY, hardware and home store retailers classified as essential by the government. We are open to supply all of the domestic chemicals; sanitising products; toilet rolls; wipes and personal protection products needed. A lot of these customers have products delivered but a substantial number use our cash and carry branches that we are selling through to help support the drive to beat this horrible virus. Our role is to support these independents and keep the supply chain open. The builders’ merchants have been told to remain open, as have other Hardware and DIY stores supplying the trade.
We are acting in accordance with the government's guidelines especially as we are a business to business company and not open to the general public. Our team is constantly reviewing how we manage our business customers in the stores. We are fortunate in that our stores are large and can accommodate lots of people giving plenty of space. However, at peak we are managing customer numbers accordingly.
REVISED OPENING HOURS
From Monday 6th April 2020, for customer and staff safety all branches will be restricting opening hours.
English branches will only be open Monday - Friday from 7am, closing at 6pm Monday - Thursday and 4pm on Fridays.
Stax Glasgow will only be open Monday - Friday from 7am, closing at 5pm daily.
Stax Edinburgh will only be open Monday - Friday from 8am, closing at 4:30pm daily.
STORE GUIDANCE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING
The below outlines procedures for maintaining social distancing and minimising transmission potential.
- At busy periods we will limit customer numbers entering the store
- Only two people per account are to be allowed admission at any one time
- All customers are to maintain distance at the tills, reception areas and throughout the store
- Tape on the floor highlights acceptable separation distances
- We’re conducting enhanced cleaning routines but we will provide gloves for you where available
- All branch canteens are closed to all
- Customer returns will not be accepted from 30th march 2020
- All products identified as requiring staff having to working in an enclosed space or close proximity, for example unloading containers, gloves and face masks will be worn.
Please be assured our staff and customer safety is paramount and we try to balance this against supporting our retailers and protecting their businesses for when this crisis is over.
If you require any further information, please contact your local branch using the details found here.