UPDATED: How we’re responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Sunday 6 September 2020 | Branch news
Updated 06.01.2021 - Please note opening times remain unchanged, please see below:
The current situation is difficult for everyone. Employee and customer safety is paramount to us, whilst balanced against our requirement to stay open to supply all independent DIY, hardware and home store retailers classified as essential by the Government.
Please be assured that, following the Government’s decision to enter a third lockdown, we will continue making every effort to keep both our customers and staff safe at all times.
Our branch opening times remain unaffected at this time, however, we will be vigilant in our protocols and would ask customers to ensure face coverings and PPE are worn as required whilst also respecting the social distancing guidelines of a minimum of two metres.
We will be restricting visits from our suppliers to reduce traffic flow in and out of our branches and measures are also in place at the entrances to control numbers when required.
We are open to supply all of the domestic chemicals; sanitising products; toilet rolls; wipes and personal protection products needed. A lot of these customers have products delivered but a substantial number use our cash and carry branches that we are selling through to help support the drive to beat this horrible virus. Our role is to support these independents and keep the supply chain open. The builders’ merchants have been told to remain open, as have other Hardware and DIY stores supplying the trade.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
To prevent the spread of the virus by passing an iPad between customers and staff, we are asking new customers to apply for an application online. This can be done in store via a mobile phone. Please click here to view the application form.
CURRENT OPENING HOURS AS FOLLOWS:
From Sunday 6th September, for customer and staff safety our opening hours will be as follows...
- Manchester, Leeds & Bristol will be open Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm, Friday 7am - 4pm, closed Saturday and open Sunday 8am - 4pm.
- Birmingham will be open Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm, Friday and Sunday from 7am - 4pm and closed Saturday.
- Edinburgh will be open Monday - Friday 7am - 4:30pm, closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Glasgow will be open Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm, closed Saturday and open Sunday 8am - 4pm.
STORE GUIDANCE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING
The below outlines procedures for maintaining social distancing and minimising transmission potential.
- Face coverings must be worn in all stores unless you are exempt for medical reasons
- If provided with gloves, these must be worn
- At busy periods we will limit customer numbers entering the store
- Only two people per account are to be allowed admission at any one time
- All customers are to maintain distance at the tills, reception areas and throughout the store
- Tape on the floor highlights acceptable separation distances
- We’re conducting enhanced cleaning routines but we will provide gloves for you where available
- Manchester branch canteen is closed to customers. Bristol branch canteen is closed to all.
- All products identified as requiring staff having to working in an enclosed space or close proximity, for example unloading containers, gloves and face masks will be worn.
Please be assured our staff and customer safety is paramount and we try to balance this against supporting our retailers and protecting their businesses for when this crisis is over.
If you require any further information, please contact your local branch using the details found here.